ALDERSHOT TOWN SUPPORTERS TRUST LIMITED – The Shots Trust
Minutes of the meeting of Board of Directors
21st October 2020, 19:00
Attendees: Tom Anderson (TA), Michael Foster (MF), Laura Smart (LS).
Before the meeting got under way, TA began by saying that the funeral service for our long-time friend and Trust member, Barbara Lake, had been held today, 21st October. Her ashes will be scattered at a later date; we extend our deepest sympathies again to Barbara’s family.
- Apologies for Absence
Alan Hilliar (AH), Sean Chambers (SC).
Following receipt of our formal letter to NB requesting his resignation, he decided that he would resign as at 10th September. His resignation was accepted. The Board wish him well for his future endeavours.
- Approval of minutes of last meeting
The minutes were approved.
- Review of previous actions
Of the 11 actions carried forward from September, 8 were completed, 1 is partially complete, 1 was cancelled and 1 is not due until the end of December. No issue was particularly contentious.
- Financial Report and fundraising update
LS reported that figures remain healthy. CFS numbers have again increased, as have Trust memberships.
Reaction to Trust response to Mr Azeem’s claim on SHOTS TV: The Trust posted a rebuttal of Mr Azeem’s claims on live SHOTS TV that we had made no effort to engage with the Club. We provided evidence and examples of our attempts to engage with, and provide financial support to, the Club over 12 months. The response of fans and supporters has been extremely positive and supportive; TA has also received quite a number of personal phone and social media messages expressing their support and approval of the Trust’s position. We will continue to monitor the Club’s public statements in relation the Trust.
Trust advisor(s) announcement: Discussions with potential advisors are ongoing.
Sunday League Team (SLT): TA reported that we now have a competitive squad which is holding its own in the league campaign. We have played 4 matches to date and have 3 wins to our name. Due to earlier Covid-19 postponements, we still have games in hand. Training is well attended and is proving very successful.
Our relationship with our sponsors, Rushmoor Saints, continues to grow. We’re now into our 4th week of training on the 3G winter pitch, for which we thank them and Aspire.
- Membership benefits: Wimpy Aldershot has been added to the list of local businesses offering discounts to Shots members; they will give 10% discount on production of membership cards. This has been posted on the website along with our other membership benefits.
- Website refresh: MF reported that he had been liaising with Robin Carder to replace the membership database; services are now provided through Hubspot. The membership data has been transferred and MF is engaged in reviewing and checking it. The Trust website has been updated but still sits on the same platform. MF’s next task will be to look at providing a website for the SLT, either stand-alone or accessed through the Trust database. He will update the Board on progress at the next meeting.
- New, co-opted directors: LS reported that two Shots fans had volunteered to be co-opted as directors. They will attend the next monthly meeting to meet the directors and allow us to judge whether they can add value to the Board’s deliberations. They cannot, of course, be confirmed as directors until our next AGM (should they choose to stand formally), when we hope to be able to meet the members face-to-face.
Meeting conclusion: 20:30
Date of Next Meeting: 18th November, Brewer’s Fayre