By | June 10, 2015

Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors

Tuesday, 9 June 2015 at the Electrical Services Stadium

Attendees : Ian Barnett (IB), Bob Green (BG), Janet Guess (JG), Tommy Anderson (TA), and Scott Simpkin (SS)

 

  1. Apologies for Absence

Apologies for absence were received from Ian Dawkins (ID), Ian Goodwright (IG) and Sefton Owens (SO).

 

  1. Approval of the minutes of the meeting held on 6 May 2015

The minutes were circulated prior to the board meeting and were received by all. These were approved by the meeting and the Chairman signed accordingly.

It was agreed that JG would ask for email approval of the minutes in future so that IB could forward these to SS for including on the Trust website.

ACTION : JG/IB/SS

 

  1. Matters arising not on the agenda

 

  1. Community Stand

Discussions were continuing regarding plans for the Community Stand but no written response from the Football Club had yet been received.

  1. Fundraising

Information was awaited from ID regarding bringing the PlayerShare scheme under the Trust banner and jointly reinvigorating this.

ACTION : ID

iii.        Vanarama Big Day Out

Disappointingly, there had been no take up of the Trust run coaches to Wembley for the Conference play-off final.

  1. Newsletter/Website

This had been looked at but it was decided to continue with the current SD format but include more publicity on Shotsweb.

TA, SS and SO were still to have a skype meeting to discuss posting information to the website.

ACTION : TA/SS/SO

v          Treasurer Position

This was to be included in a newsletter to go out next week.

ACTION : IG/SS/TA

  1. Job Descriptions

IG had circulated these and SS was to complete the updates..

ACTION : SS

vii.       Vice Chairman Position

No written resignation had yet been received from Peter O’Donnell and IB agreed to contact him to facilitate this.

ACTION : IB

 

 

viii..     Annual General Meeting

BG said that it was unlikely that Barry Smith, would be able to attend the AGM but he agreed to ask Chris Barker if he could attend in his place.

ACTION : BG

TA was still to conduct a video interview with IB about the Trust vision and importance of the AGM.

ACTION : TA/IB

  1. Raffle – Once prizes for the raffle had been agreed, JG would contact Dave Donovan for advice on this.

ACTION : JG

  1. FootgolfIB had circulated to some Board members details of a footgolf competition and it was agreed that this be pursued as an event for supporters.

ACTION : IB

  1. Meet the Players – it was agreed that a ‘meet the players’ session be arranged for the youngsters pre-season. BG, TA and SS agreed to pursue this, initially for those requesting further involvement following their visits to the Community Stand.

ACTION : BG/TA/SS

 

  1. Handover of Responsibilities

JG and BG had held a couple of meetings with IG regarding the handover of membership responsibilities and were confident of being able to take on this role following a further meeting.

ACTION : JG/BG/IG

 

  1. Update from the Bid Team

Following some meetings, a bid had been made to purchase the Football Club but had been turned down and it was now considered unlikely that anything would happen for at least twelve months. The aim therefore was to improve relations and work closely with the current Football Club Board. The Trust Board are keen to emphasise that they fully support the good work the Football Club Board are doing, especially with the appointment of Barry Smith.

 

It was agreed that the Trust Board consider ways of supporting the Club, including the purchase of a perimeter board advertising the Trust, and organising volunteer days before the season for ‘a ground sweep’.

 

It was also agreed that IB would write to Shahid, outlining the changes in Trust Board personnel, and emphasizing our desire to work together for the good of the Football Club. He agreed to circulate any reply received.

ACTION : IB

 

  1. Annual General Meeting

It was agreed that the Trust Board should arrive for 7 pm to ensure all was in place for the meeting.

ACTION : ALL

BG agreed to sign people in and he and JG would sell raffle tickets for the Damon Lathrope shirt sponsored by the Trust.

ACTION : BG/JG

IB was preparing the presentation and it was agreed to show a two minute video giving information on Community Shares.

It was agreed that it was vital to increase the publicity for the meeting and SS and TA agreed to publicise this via Twitter, Facebook and Shotsweb.

Action : TA/SS

SS agreed to provide a message to go on Shotsweb emphasising the importance of attending the meeting, or at least voting to accept the rule changes, which he would circulate to the Board prior to publication.

ACTION : SS/ALL

 

  1. Any Other Business
  2. Vice-Chairman position – JG asked that it be placed on record what an excellent job TA had done deputising for IB whilst he was on holiday.
  3. Hospitality – BG said that Mark Butler (MB) was keen to know what the Trust’s intentions were for supporting the Commercial Department next season. IB agreed to confirm to MB that the Trust would be purchasing three hospitality tickets during the season.

ACTION : IB

iii.        JG expressed her concern that she was not always aware of correspondence sent between Trust directors which made it difficult to take notes when these things were subsequently discussed at Board meetings. IB agreed to always copy information to her.

ACTION : IB

  1. Help Your Football Club – TA had held a meeting with Neil Baker regarding his offer to give a percentage of any money earned from Trust members using his Financial Adviser Services. Flyers were ready for the launch of this on 1 July.
  2. Old programmes – no money had yet been received for the Trust-owned programmes that Keith Able had sold in the town centre shop. TA agreed to approach him about this.

ACTION : TA

  1. Trust communication – IB requested that all communication include a reference to EasyFundRaising and that all use the Century Gothic font.

ACTION : ALL

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting

Annual General Meeting to be held at the ESS at 7.30 pm on Wednesday, 17 June 2015.

 

The meeting closed at 8.55 pm.

 

Leave a Reply