By | May 8, 2015

Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors

Tuesday, 6 May 2015 at the Electrical Services Stadium

Attendees : Ian Barnett (IB), Bob Green (BG), Janet Guess (JG), Tommy Anderson (TA), and Scott Simpkin (SS)

 

  1. Apologies for Absence

Apologies for absence were received from Ian Dawkins (ID), Ian Goodwright (IG), John Orme (JO) and Sefton Owens (SO).  Jason Berney (JB) did not attend.

 

  1. Approval of the minutes of the meeting held on 8 April 2015

Dave Donovan had sent these to IB who had subsequently sent them to IG for final approval. Once IG’s comments had been received, these would be placed on the website.

ACTION : IG/SO

 

  1. Matters arising not on the agenda

 

  1. SO Website expenses

SO was still to provide his bank details and proof of expenditure to enable these to be paid. It had been agreed at the previous meeting that these would not be paid if the information was not provided by the end of April.

ACTION : SO

  1. Community Stand

IB and JO had sent a letter to Brian Bloomfield who was discussing the proposal for next season with the Football Club Board. IB agreed to circulate the document to the rest of the Trust Board.

ACTION : IB

iii.        Fundraising

IB was still to speak to ID about bringing the PlayerShare scheme under the Trust banner and jointly reinvigorating this.

ACTION : IB

  1. Vanarama Big Day Out

There had not been any interest in the Trust-run coaches to this but it was agreed to advertise again now that the finalists were known, including the fact that the Club may still have some tickets that could become available.

ACTION : IG/TA

  1. Newsletter/Website

It was agreed that the format of the newsletter should be revamped and TA and SS agreed to look at this in time for the start of the season.

ACTION : TA/SS

It was also agreed that TA, SS and SO have a skype meeting to discuss putting information onto the website.

ACTION : TA/SS/SO

  1. Treasurer Position

It was not known whether IG had spoken to Mike Greenwood about becoming Treasurer but it was agreed that the vacancy be advertised in the next newsletter.

ACTION : IG/SS/TA

vii.       Job Descriptions

IG had circulated these and IB agreed to forward to SS for updating.

ACTION : IB/SS

 

  • Membership

JG and BG had not yet met with IG to take this forward but would arrange shortly.

ACTION : JG/BG/IG

IB had spoken to Andrew Clark of Clarks Catering who was receptive to the idea of Trust members receiving a discount at the East Bank Bar.

  1. Forest Green Away Travel

All the miscreants and their parents had been contacted regarding the incidents but no contributions towards payment for the damages had been received.

  1. Front of Ground Rota

It was agreed that this be discussed nearer the start of the season.

ACTION : JG

 

  1. Vice Chairman Position

Following the meeting with the Football Club Board, Peter O’Donnell had stopped down as Trust Director and Vice-Chairman. It was agreed that he should send the Board a letter of resignation and IB agreed to contact him about this.

ACTION : IB

It was agreed that TA would deputise for IB whilst he was on holiday.

 

  1. Update of Activities since the Last Meeting

A meeting had been held with interested parties the previous week which had demonstrated that there was an appetite for Trust ownership of the Football Club. A further meeting would be held on 13 May which would be attended by James Matthie of Supporters Direct. Following the meeting, three individuals had expressed an interest in joining the Trust Board.

 

  1. Annual General Meeting – 17 June 2015

It was agreed that JG would contact JB asking if he wished to continue as a director bearing in mind the difficulties he has attending meeting or helping on a matchday.

ACTION : JG

JG agreed to circulate the new rules and associated policies to IB and IG for a final check before they were sent to members in time for the AGM.

ACTION : JG/IB/IG

IB/SS had prepared a Vision document which needed to be finalised and sent to members with the AGM documentation. It was agreed that this be circulated to all Board members for comment.

ACTION : IB/SS

BG agreed to invite the new manager, Barry Smith, to attend the AGM for a Q&A session at the end of the official business.

ACTION : BG

It was agreed that all documentation be sent to members as soon as possible after 31 May, the closing date for nominations and motions. BG agreed to photocopy the documentation and JG to ask IG for the number of copies required. TA agreed to join BG and JG in enveloping and sending out the paperwork.

ACTION : JG/BG/TA

SS said that it was vital to encourage members to attend the AGM and to that end he had been talking to LewATFC who wrote a blog about the football club and who was keen to blog about the Trust and what it contributed. SS agreed to take this forward with him.

ACTION : SS

It was also agreed that TA conduct a video interview with IB about the Trust vision and importance of the AGM.

ACTION : TA/IB

 

 

 

 

  1. Any Other Business
  2. Raffle – It was agreed to hold a raffle with prizes of the Damon Lathrope shirts sponsored by the Trust last season, two hospitality tickets for next season and bottles of wine. JG agreed to contact Dave Donovan for advice on this.

ACTION : JG

  1. FootgolfIB had circulated to some Board members details of a footgolf competition and it was agreed that this be pursued as an event for supporters.

ACTION : IB

iii.        Meet the Players – it was agreed that a ‘meet the players’ session be arranged for the youngsters pre-season. BG, TA and SS agreed to pursue this.

ACTION : BG/TA/SS

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting

This was agreed for Tuesday, 9 June 2015 at 6.45 pm at the ESS.

 

The meeting closed at 8.18 pm.

 

Leave a Reply