By | September 8, 2016

Wednesday 10 August 2016 at the ESS Stadium

Attendees : Bob Green (BG), Janet Guess (JG), Robin Carder (RC), Sean Chambers (SC) Tommy Anderson (TA), and Mick Lee (ML).

1. Apologies for Absence

Apologies were received from Nick Cave (NC), Mick Lee (ML) and Tommy Anderson (TA) who was in a Football Club Board meeting.

2. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 13 July 2016

These had previously been circulated and agreed and would be uploaded to social media and the website.

ACTION : TA/RC

3. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda

i. Trust President – This was still to be considered.

4. Financial Report

TA had had a meeting with Ian Goodwright and now had the relevant paperwork to complete so that NL could take over the accounts soon after his return from holiday.

5. Fundraising

BG expressed the need to always make sure Clarks Caterers were aware of any event that the Trust intended putting on in the EBB Lounge as they kept the register.

i. Race Night – Posters for this had been put up around the ground and tickets were on sale from the Ticket Office, and from the Trust Café on matchdays. Still to be decided was what supper to include.

ACTION : TA/NC

ii. Shots based quiz – It was not know if NC had contacted Peter Stanford about holding a Shots’ based quiz on a Saturday straight after a home match.

ACTION : NC

iii. Darts’ Evening SC agreed to take responsibility for holding a Darts’ Evening and would contact Ian Jopling regarding this.

ACTION : SC

iv. Sportsman’s Evening – The Club were arranging this for the 4 November and it was agreed to hold an auction at the Race Night for pairs of tickets that the Trust had purchased. JG agreed to ask Terry Owens if he would run the auction on the night.

ACTION : JG

v. Scratchcard

It was hoped that the scratchcards would be received before the end of the month and would be launched by the home game on 3 September. RC would put the details on the website at the appropriate time.

vi. 50:50

The Club had asked that the Trust find volunteers to sell the 50:50 tickets on a matchday and RC agreed to put this on the Trust website and Shotsweb.

ACTION : RC.

6. Website/Social Media – RC had taken on a project to evolve the Trust website and would welcome ideas and content from Board members. He also agreed to take responsibility for the Trust Twitter and Facebook accounts.

7. Community Stand – BG offered to co-ordinate this on behalf of the Trust and it was agreed that the Trust should purchase debentures for the Stand. This needed to be discussed with TA.

8. Any Other Business

i. University of Surrey Freshers Fair – BG and Steve Gibbs would be attending this on behalf of the Club.

9. Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting was agreed for Monday, 5 September, 7 pm at the EBB Stadium. It was agreed that meeting dates needed to be changed to avoid clashes with Football Club Board meetings and JG agreed to circulate proposals.

ACTION : JG

The meeting closed at 8.30 pm.