By | July 14, 2016

Thursday, 2 June 2016 at the ESS Stadium

 

Attendees : Ian Barnett (IB), Sean Chambers (SC), Bob Green (BG), Janet Guess (JG), Nick Cave (NC), Tommy Anderson (TA), and Mick Lee (ML).

1. Apologies for Absence

An apology had been received from Robin Calder (RC) who was on holiday.

2. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 3 May 2016

These had previously been circulated and agreed and would be uploaded to social media and the website, along with the minutes from the meeting on 12 April.

ACTION : TA/RC

3. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda

i. Phoenix Mascot – A decision had been made on the final decision of the mascot head and it was hoped that this would be received before the first match of the season.

ACTION : BG

ii. Poster Frames – NC had found out the price for A3 frames for the Football Club and it was agreed that the Trust would fund this at a cost of approximately £200. NC would also put these up.

ACTION : NC

iii. Shots Trust Café – NC was working on the proposal for providing refreshments to away supporters.

ACTION : NC

iv. Euro Competition – Sefton Owens was running this but not many entries had been received. TA agreed to plug this, and the raffle for Jim Stevenson’s shirt, on social media and ask RC to do the same on the websites. The closing date for the raffle was agreed as 30 June with tickets available from the Club offices at a price of £2 per ticket.

ACTION : TA/RC

v. Step by Step Sleep Out – This was taking place on 24 June and TA agreed to publicise on social media and request RC to do the same on the websites.

ACTION : TA/RC

 

4. Annual General Meeting Feedback

It was agreed that this had gone very smoothly and ML congratulated IB on his handling of the meeting. The number of attendees had been disappointing and it was agreed to consider ways of attracting more to attend.

 

5. Roles and Responsibilities

IB was standing down from the Chairmanship and membership of the Trust Board because of increasing personal commitments but was willing to continue to help where he could. He felt that the Trust Board was in a good position and was very hopeful for the future. It had been agreed that TA would become Chairman but would need to delegate more and have help as he would also have the position on the Football Club Board. The following roles were agreed :

 

Vice-Chairman Sean Chambers

Secretary and Co-ordinator Janet Guess

Treasurer Mick Lee

Shots Trust Café Nick Cave

Social Media Tommy Anderson

Website Robin Calder

Membership Bob Green and Janet Guess

Fundraising Nick Cave

 

Chris Trodd and Kaye xxxxx had volunteered to run some fundraising events, such as sponsored walks, for the Trust but would not join the Trust Board.

 

It was agreed that Andy Young be given the title of Junior Matchday Co-ordinator in recognition of the considerable support he gives to the Trust.

 

It was also hoped to recruit several more Board members.

 

6 Financial Report

ML had spoken to Ian Goodwright at the AGM but had not yet been contacted to arrange transfer of the accounts. It was agreed that this was imperative and TA agreed to ensure Ian contacted ML. ML suggested a meeting be arranged at the Club to facilitate this.

ACTION : TA

ML had some observations including changing the date for the end of the financial year, money paid for insurance and the interest received on the accounts, as well as the money held in the Forever Shots Fund. He agreed to firstly discuss these with Ian and then at the next Board meeting.

ACTION : ML

ML’s intention would be to present up-to-date income and expenditure accounts at every Board meeting and this was welcomed by the Board. He would need some stationery and SC agreed to provide some A4 two hole ring binders.

ACTION : SC

 

7 Board Position

This had been supported at the AGM and the necessary paperwork was being completed to enable TA to become a member of the Football Club Board with effect from 1 July. However, it was agreed that the vote at the AGM should be publicised immediately and TA agreed to do this, and ask RC to put it on the websites.

ACTION : TA/RC

 

8 Plans for Next Season

i. Scratchcard – it was agreed to call this Boost the Budget with funds going to the player budget. A price per card of £1 was agreed and ML provided a suggested list of prizes to IB who had agreed to design the card and contact the suppliers.

ACTION : IB

IB also agreed to seek a sponsor for the scratchcard to cover the cost of the purchase of 10,000 A7 cards and the prize money. The cost was £183 for 2,000.

ACTION : IB.

It was hoped that the cards could be sold in the food and drink outlets, among other places, and NC agreed to approach Andrew Clark regarding this.

ACTION : NC

ii. Shots Trust Café – NC was working on a new menu and would be increasing prices of existing items. He would also be putting a ‘donation’ box in the Café in the hope that supporters would put there change in this.

ACTION : NC

He had received the 5 Star Hygiene Rating certificate and would put this on the wall. TA agreed to also put this on social media and RC on the websites.

ACTION : TA/NC

NC said that he would be on holiday on 6 August and also asked if the Café would be open for the Friendlies. BG agreed to let him know.

ACTION : BG

iii. Race Night – This was being arranged for Saturday, 10 September, provided it was a home match that day, and would be advertised on social media and the websites once confirmed. Details would be finalised at the next meeting.

 

9. Any Other Business

i. Army Show – BG agreed to let the Board know whether the Football Club were doing anything at this.

ACTION : BG

ii. UoS Freshers Fair – it was agreed to discuss this at the next meeting.

NC thanked IB for his support during the year and proposed a vote of thanks on behalf of the Board. It was agreed that IB should be very proud of all he had achieved.

12. Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting was agreed for Wednesday, 13 July, 7 pm at the EBB Stadium.

The meeting closed at 9.20 pm.

 

Leave a Reply