By | August 11, 2015

ALDERSHOT TOWN SUPPORTERS’ SOCIETY LTD

The Shots Trust

Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors

Wednesday, 5 August 2015 at the Electrical Services Stadium

Attendees :  Ian Barnett (IB), Darryl Evans(DE), ,Bob Green (BG), Janet Guess (JG), Scott Simpkin (SS), Sefton Owens (SO) and Tommy Anderson (TA).   Brian Bloomfield (BB) skyped in to part of the meeting.

 

  1. Apologies for Absence

Apologies for absence were received from Ian Dawkins (ID), Ian Goodwright (IG) and Sean Chambers (SC).

 

  1. Approval of the minutes of the meeting held on 1 July 2015

The minutes were circulated prior to the board meeting and were received by all. These were approved by the meeting and the Chairman signed accordingly.  These had already been uploaded onto the Trust website.

 

  1. Matters still arising not on the agenda
  2. Treasurer

This vacancy had not yet been advertised in a newsletter and TA agreed to send something out in the next couple of days.

ACTION : TA

  1. Community Stand

It had been agreed to run the competition on Twitter for local schools to win tickets for the Stand once the schools had returned after the Summer break.

ACTION : DE/TA

  1. Fundraising

It was agreed that IB and ID approach Nick and Keith Able together to discuss Shots Player Share scheme coming under the Trust umbrella.

ACTION : IB/ID

iii.        Job Descriptions 

SS agreed to circulate these to all.

ACTION : SS

  1. Footgolf

It was agreed to put this on hold until the end of the season and with a view to holding during the summer of 2016.

ACTION : DE

  1. Rules

IB and JG were still to review these.

ACTION : IB/JG

  1. Phoenix Mascot

IG and DE were still to liaise over this.  TA agreed to discuss with IG.

ACTION : TA/IG/DE

 

  1. Shots Trust Cafe

BB joined the meeting at this point.

The Trust had advertised on Shotsweb for a volunteer to run the café and were delighted to have been approached by Nick Cave, a season ticket holder and caterer who was keen to take this on.  The Trust had purchased an urn for hot drinks and a warmer for pies, signs had been produced by DE, leaflets printed by SC and the Café would be open for all home games from the Gateshead match.  It was also hoped to open it for all Chelsea games held at the ESS.

 

BB commended the Trust on this Initiative which benefitted both the Trust and the Football Club.  He thought that it important that the Trust concentrate on one initiative at a time and the Board were keen for the Trust to be successful.  He thought it beneficial for both the Trust and the Football Club for BG to be involved on the Trust Board.

 

  1. New Website

IB demonstrated the new site which was agreed to be impressive.  However, how the membership renewal and joining process would work with the site was not yet finalised and it was agreed not to go live with the site until this was complete.    DE said that his IT manager might be able to help with this and IB and SO were tasked with arranging a meeting if he was able to help.

ACTION : DE/IB/SO

It was hoped that the site could contain a blog ad SS agreed to approach LewATFC to see if he would be willing to do this.

ACTION : SS

It was agreed that there needed more detail on the vision and strategy of the Trust and this would be brainstormed at the next meeting before being put before a Trust Focus Group on 10 October.  A sub-committee of IB, SO and SS agreed to lead on this.  IB agreed to circulate ideas prior to the next meeting.

ACTION : IB

 

  1. Front of Ground

JG agreed to man the gazebo on Saturday, hopefully with help from Dave Donovan and TA.  BG and TA would erect the gazebo and IB take down at half time.  IB, DE and SS would be on duty for the Dover game and SO for Eastleigh.

 

DE agreed to arrange the trophies for the Player of the Month with presentations on the following dates :

August POM – 5 September

September POM – 7 October

October POM – 10 November

ACTION : DE

 

  1. Sub-Committees
  2. Away Travel

TA agreed to talk to Tony Roberts about Tony and the Trust working together regarding transport to away games.

ACTION : TA

BB said that any supporters who were intoxicated would not be able to travel on Trust organised transport as the Club had a zero tolerance policy.

The Club were also supporting the Smoke No Joke campaign as were the Trust.  TA said that certain individuals would be searched before boarding any coaches to check for flares etc.

  1. Community Stand

It was agreed that the Trust present at the forthcoming NEHYL AGM and DE agreed to do this with assistance from SO.  IB agreed to provide a presentation and ask John Orme if he was able to also attend.

ACTION : IB/DE/SO

SO said that Terry Owens had purchased debentures for the Community Stand and had donated these for Trust use.  The Trust Board recorded their appreciation of this generous gesture by Terry.

 

  1. Any Other Business
  2. Programme rota – IB had provided the programme notes for the Gateshead match and TA agreed to do these for Dover.  JG would circulate a programme rota.

ACTION : JG

  1. Fans Forum – BG agreed to give out flyers for the Trust Café at the Forum.

ACTION : BG

  • Fresher Fairs – It was agreed that the Trust should have a presence at the University of Surrey Freshers Fair at the end of September/beginning of October. IB agreed to find out the date and circulate to the Board asking for volunteers.

ACTION : IB

It was suggested that the students be able to purchase discounted tickets for the Forest Green match and BG agreed to investigate this with the Football Club Board.

ACTION : BG

It was also agreed to approach students at Farnborough Tech and Sixth Form College and TA agreed to find out dates of any suitable events.

ACTION : TA

  • Thanks – TA thanked DE, IB, BG and JG for their work in tidying the Café ready for opening.
  1. Ray Hedgman – TA had been approached by Ray, the landlord of the Crimea, who was keen to join the Trust Board. He would run promotions with the Trust and also offer discounted prices to Trust members on non-match days.
  2. Polo shirts – SO suggested that the volunteers in the café should have Trust polo shirts and DE agreed to look into new polos for all the Board.

ACTION : DE

  1. Website expenses – SO provided details of the expenses from 2013 and it was agreed to pay these.

ACTION : IG

vii.       Banking – TA agreed to check with IG whether the Trust had a debit card.

ACTION : TA

DE also suggested it would be worth speaking to Barclays Bank to see if they could provide any financial support for funding football in the community events.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting was arranged for Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 6.45 pm at the ESS.

 

Leave a Reply