By | October 22, 2015

Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors

Tuesday, 6 October 2015 at the Electrical Services Stadium

Attendees :  Ian Barnett (IB), Bob Green (BG), Ian Goodwright (IG), Janet Guess (JG), Scott Simpkin, Sean Chambers and Tommy Anderson (TA)

  1. Apologies for Absence

Apologies for absence were received from Sefton Owens (SO).  Darryl Evans (DE) did not attend.

 

  1. Welcome to Sean Chambers

IB welcomed SC to his first meeting.

 

  1. Approval of the minutes of the meeting held on 8 September 2015

The minutes were circulated prior to the board meeting and were received by all. These were approved by the meeting and the Chairman signed accordingly.  These had already been uploaded onto the Trust website.

 

  1. Matters still arising not on the agenda
    1. Trust Café Update-JG had asked DE if he could provide a massive sign at the entrance to the tunnel and another pointing into the Café at the door, perhaps to include what food.

ACTION : DE

  1. PlayerShare- IB to contact Keith Able to discuss Shots Player Share scheme coming under the Trust umbrella.

ACTION : IB

The Trust Board did not enter a team in Keith’s monthly quiz

iii.        Profits from Trust Café- JG had emailed those present for approval in principle for using profits from the Trust Café to improve catering for supporters.  Those who had replied were in favour.

  1. Treasurer – TA agreed to continue to advertise for a Treasurer. He also agreed to produce a newsletter which SC would copy ready to distribute at the next home match once JG had proof read the document.

ACTION : TA/JG/SC

  1. Scoreboard – TA agreed to ask Paul Breading if he would be willing to input information to the large scoreboard before matches. Paul was not able to do this at present but Colin Cresswell was comfortable with operating both scoreboards.  He also had access to the scoreboard emails and the Trust Café was being advertised on the scoreboard.
  2. Phoenix Mascot- It was agreed that price would dictate whether a complete new costume or just a head be purchased and JG had contacted DE in this regard. His progress was unknown, BG agreed to take this on.

ACTION : BG

  • Player of the Month – JG had asked DE to find out the cost of the trophy and engraving of the trophy used for August. If this was in the region of £10 to go with the same trophies.

ACTION : DE

TA had spoken to Andy who was happy to act as matchday co-ordinator for the Player of the Month on a trail basis initially.

viii.                  New website – IB and JG had met to finalise the new on-line membership forms.

  1. Lucky 7s Publicity – SO was expecting to publicise the Lucky 7s this coming weekend. TA, SC and SS agreed to join.

ACTION : TA/SC/SS

IB agreed to design a poster and email to SC for printing and JG agreed to do an email note to all on the Trust database.

ACTION : IB/SC/JG

  1. Shotsweb – IB had spoken to Robin Calder about the Trust being involved with Shotsweb and he was quite warm to the idea. It was agreed to discuss this at a later date.
  2. Receipt for Away Travel – JG would design this once a decision had been made on away travel.

xii.       National Non-League Day – TA had agreed with Steve Gibbs to publicise the activities arranged by the Club.

 

  1. Financial Report/Treasurer

IG reported that there was approximately £9,000 in the current account and £7000 in Paypal plus £3000 cash to be banked.  Money had been received from membership renewals and some initially from Lucky 7s and it was agreed that more income-generating activities were needed.  A profit of £223 had been made on food in the Trust Café so far with an income of £1100, less the cost of stock. £400 had also been spent on equipment.

It was agreed that the registered name of the Trust be changed from the Aldershot Town Supporters Society Ltd to Aldershot Town Supporters Trust Ltd.  JG agreed to contact Companies House to arrange this and receive documentation to be shown to the Co-operative Bank to facilitate this

ACTION : JG

It was agreed that the Trust should have a debit card and IG agreed to arrange this.

ACTION : IG

 

  1. Away Travel

TA said it was important to get this service going and it was agreed to trial until the end of the year, starting with the Boreham Wood match.  A three tier pricing system was agreed as £15 for Trust members (£20 for non-Trust members for short distance trips, £20 (£25) for mid distance and £25 (£30) for long distance.  IB agreed to provide posters for SC to print and JG to send a note to all email contacts.

ACTION : IB/SC/JG

 

  1. Trust Strategy

The document produced by IB was agreed.  It would be posted to the new website once launched.

 

  1. Community Stand

IB reported that he was finding it difficult to manage the administration for the Stand and JG agreed to try to find a volunteer.

ACTION : JG

 

  1. Sub-Committees
  2. Media – TA reported that there were now 546 followers on Twitter and 320 Facebook likes. Feedback on the Trust Café had been very positive.  TA thanked SC for the support on his personal Facebook.  TA would be putting the UofS Freshers Fair publicity on the social media and would tag the University into this.

With regard to the new website, IB needed to ensure that Paypal was linked with this and would contact SO to facilitate.

ACTION : IB/SO

It was agreed that JG, SS and TA would do a final check on the website before going live and IB agreed to forward a link to all.

ACTION : IB/JG/TA/SS

TA agreed to upload all recent minutes to the site.

ACTION : TA

  1. Membership – The draw was made for the bottle of wine for new membership and renewals during September and JG agreed to contact the winner.

ACTION : JG

Renewals had been encouraging following a mail shot but it was agreed that it was necessary to do something to encourage new memberships.  TA agreed to contact Ray Hedgman at the Crimea regarding discounts for Trust members on non-match days and also to approach Wimpy and McDonalds in Aldershot.

ACTION : TA

 

  1. University/College Links

SS, BG and IB had attended the Freshers Fair at the University of Surrey and had found it a very worthwhile exercise with a lot of interest shown in the Club.  They had sold about 20 tickets at a reduced rate for the Forest Green match.

TA had spoken to Mike Hammond about similar events at Farnborough Sixth Form and Technical colleges but the colleges were not interested in promoting outside organisations.

 

  1. Any Other Business 

Graham Brookland evening – It was agreed that the Trust should have a table at this event and TA volunteered to book this.

ACTION : TA

Trust Board members were encouraged to attend and pay for their own tickets.

  1. Frank Burt – It was agreed that the Trust would fund a fire seat for Frank at a cost of £200.

ACTION : TA to inform Alex Clark of the decision and she would arrange purchase of the seat

Further discussion took place on disabled access to the hospitality areas in general, such as a chair lift, and BG agreed to find out costs for this.

ACTION : BG

  • Trust Cafe – Nick Cave had proposed that he provide free mince pies with a hot drink for adults and Christmas popping candy chocolate for children who purchase a fruit shoot towards Christmas, probably the Guiseley match. He had volunteered to sponsor the mince pies.  The Trust Board were very enthusiastic about this idea and JG agreed to report back to Nick.

ACTION : JG

  1. Fleet Half Marathon – IB and TA had agreed to enter this.
  2. Jacqui Forster – IB said that Jacqui from Supporters Direct would be attending the match against Altrincham and asked that Trust Board members join him to meet her in the Trust Café. SS agreed to be there.

ACTION : SS

  1. Front of Ground – IG suggested that a Trust umbrella be sought for use with the table at the front of the ground. JG agreed to contact John Orme for advice with this.

ACTION : JG

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting was arranged for Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 6.45 pm at the ESS.

 

The meeting closed at 9.01 pm.

Leave a Reply