By | October 13, 2017


Minutes of meeting of the Board of Directors

Wednesday, 6 September 2017 at the Victoria, Aldershot



Attendees :  Janet Guess (JG), Mick Lee (ML), Robin Carder (RC), and Tommy Anderson (TA)


  1. Apologies for Absence

Apologies were received from Bob Green (BG) and Sean Chambers (SC).


  1. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 2 August 2017

These had previously been circulated and agreed and would be uploaded to social media and the website.



  1. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda
  2. Away Travel – TA had requested a quote for a coach for Torquay.


  1. Shots’ Trust Cafe – JG and TA agreed to make sure the signs for the café were taken down, and also to sort out the noticeboard.



  1. Financial Report

ML provided current figures which were :


Main account £12,490.75
Lucky 7s £0.23
Paypal 1 £2434.38
Paypal 2 £388.24
Boost the Budget £10,217.02


It had been agreed that the money in the Paypal 2 account should be transferred to Boost the Budget and ML was still to contact Ian Goodwright about this.



ML also provided a breakdown of the money raised from the various categories in the Boost the Budget fund so far this financial year, which were :


Lucky 7s £2,171.02
Scratchcards £61.00
Sponsor a Goal 436.00
Boost the Budget 7,724.00


  1. Insurances

ML had taken out the Directors and Officers’ Insurance but had been advised that we would need Public Liability Insurance.  He therefore agreed to contact Lark and get a quote.



  1. Chairman’s Report

Boost the Budget was going well with help provided towards the loan signings of Adam McDonnell and George Fowler from Ipswich.


TA said that the first team would be training at the Army Military Stadium from next week, with the Army providing the lunchtime catering, and therefore the team would only be going to the ground on a matchday.  This arrangement was due to the closer working relationship between the Club and the Army.


Lee Collier would be leaving as Academy Manager with Stephen Mills taking over that role.


A new Commercial Assistant had been appointed – James Moyes – who would act as understudy to Mark Butler.


Injuries were a current concern and more use might be made of the Boost the Budget funds shortly.  TA would keep the Trust Board informed.


TA thanked RC for joining him on the sponsored walk.


  1. Fundraising
  2. Boost the Budget – it was agreed that the first prize would be a Photographer of the Day experience and TA agreed to contact Ian Morsman to agree a date.


The next prize would be a tour of the new training facilities, and possibly lunch.  TA to discuss this with Gary Waddock.


  1. Sponsored Walk – Plans for this were underway with a planned launch date of this Friday. TA would contact the press and RC set up the Just Giving site and launch on the Trust website and social media.


TA agreed to contact the Club’s sponsors for sponsorship and JG to provide forms for Saturday.  RC agreed to write the programme notes for the Leyton Orient programme to highlight the walk.


It was agreed that it be emphasised to all participants that they undertook the walk at their own risk.

iii.        Class of 2008 – This was still planned for 17 February.  ML was still to speak to Nick Cave about providing the catering.


iv         Christmas Raffle – It was agreed to hold this again if possible.  SC may be able to print the tickets and JG asked the Trust Board to consider raffle prizes.


ML agreed to find out how many tickets were ordered and sold last season.


  1. Soul Night – TA suggested that the Trust consider restarting this event which had proved very successful previously.  It was agreed to look into his for after Christmas.
  2. Evening with Gary Waddock – TA had spoken to Gary about this and he was keen to take part in such an event in April/May with a fish & chip supper.


  1. Website/Social Media

Twitter followers continued to increase and had now reached 718.


  1. Membership

It was agreed that a stadium tour be arranged for Trust members with a potential date of  the afternoon of 22 November.  JG agreed to check with Steve Gibbs, Mark Butler and Steve Francis that this date would be suitable for them.



  1. Date of Next Meeting

This was agreed for Wednesday, 11 October 2017, 7 pm at the EBB.


The meeting closed at 8.20 pm.

Leave a Reply