By | June 15, 2016

Monday, 8 February 2016 at the ESS Stadium

Attendees : Ian Barnett (IB), Bob Green (BG), Janet Guess (JG), Nick Cave (NC) and Tommy Anderson (TA).

1. Apologies for Absence

Apologies for absence were received from Ian Goodwright (IG), Scott Simpkin (SS) and Sean Chambers (SC). Sefton Owens (SO) did not attend.

The Trust Board had been saddened to learn of the death of Trust President, Frank Burt, and the meeting started with a minute’s silence in his memory. IB had devoted his notes for the next programme to Frank and it was agreed that the Board should have representation at Frank’s funeral on 29 February and send a wreath. (ask IG to do this as he can pay?)

The East Bank were designing a banner for the Tranmere match and it was agreed that the Trust volunteer to make a contribution towards this.

ACTION : TA

2. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 12 January 2016

These had previously been circulated and agreed subject to amendment by the Chairman. IB agreed to do this so that they could be uploaded to the website and social media.

ACTION : IB

3. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda

i. Phoenix Mascot – It was agreed just to purchase the head and BG agreed to organise this.

ACTION : BG

ii. New Membership drive TA had approached local companies ad had some interest from the Ghurkha Restaurant in Station Road and the Golden Lion for deals on non-match days. He would pursue this.

ACTION : TA

iii. Graham Brookland evening – IB was still to pay £25.

ACTION : IB

iv. Supporters Direct – IB and IG were completing the necessary form and would send this to Supporters Direct with a cheque for £200.

ACTION : IB

v. Trust Branded Clothing – NC provided samples of a sweatshirt and it was agreed to proceed with these and t-shirts. NC agreed to obtain details of pricing.

ACTION : NC

vi. Garden of Remembrance

IB was still to speak to Kelly Chambers about this. This had been overtaken by events as the Club were in consultation with a company about placing plaques on the wall.

vii. Website/Comms – The new website was now almost ready to launch and IB and SO were to move the old site over. It was agreed to leave this to next season.

viii. Possible Joint Event – IB had proposed the idea of a ‘meet a player dinner’ and was yet to approach the Football Club Board about this.

ACTION : IB

4. Financial Report

No financial information was available and TA agreed to contact IG and ask him to provide this.

ACTION : TA

It was agreed that Mick Lee should take over the day to day running of the accounts once he was back from New Zealand so that IG could concentrate on the end of year accounts. NC agreed to contact Mick once he was back.

ACTION : NC

5. Board Position

IB had received confirmation that the Football Club Board had accepted the Trust’s proposal apart from the Trust’s wish to have pre-emption on share purchase. Following some discussion, it was agreed that IB confirm this to Brian, copying Shahid and the rest of the Trust Board.

ACTION : IB

6. Annual General Meeting

It was agreed that this be held on Tuesday, 3 May, and to give members the requisite six week notice, this be announced at the beginning of March with an6y necessary paperwork being sent out or emailed or 9 March. It was agreed to ask Heather Nicklinson if she would be able to arrange delivery.

ACTION : NC

7. Sub-Committee Reports

i. Website/Comms – It was agreed that the Board should try to obtain the services of someone who could keep the website up-to-date and TA agreed to approach Paul Breading and Morgan to discuss the role.

ACTION : TA

There were now 579 followers on Twitter, up by 42 in the last month, and an increase in Facebook likes of 22 up to 364. Updates had been on social media for Frank Burt’s birthday and his passing away. It was agreed that comment should also be included on Shotsweb and the Trust website. TA had been liaising with Neil Baker over Help Your Football Club and £324.90 had been handed over recently, making a total of £496 raised so far. It was agreed to post this on Shotsweb.

ACTION : TA

IB was hoping to meet Robin Calder to discuss Trust involvement with Shotsweb. It was agreed that the Trust could help with moderating the message board but should not have their name associated with it.

ACTION : IB

ii. Community Stand – There had been good attendance at the last game and good feedback received from Liss Athletic. The Trust allocation for the Tranmere match was full and Paul Marcus had provided extra seating. TA had spoken to Tony Roberts who was willing to release his allocation for some games and TA and IB agreed to discuss what games this allocation might be used.

ACTION : IB/TA

8. Any Other Business

i. Trust Cafe – Discussion was held on the possibility of NC providing catering on the North side of the ground and it was agreed that a proposal should be prepared to put to the AGM in May.

ACTION : NC

ii. Mascots – BG reported that Mark Butler was finding it difficult to get mascots for games and IB volunteered to email details to those on the Community Stand database to seek applications. He agreed to contact Mark.

ACTION : IB

9. Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting was arranged for Wednesday, 9 March 2016, 7 pm at the ESS.

The meeting closed at 9.15 pm.

 

Leave a Reply