By | June 15, 2016

Wednesday, 9 March 2016 at the ESS Stadium

Attendees : Ian Barnett (IB), Bob Green (BG), Janet Guess (JG), Nick Cave (NC) and Tommy Anderson (TA).

1. Apologies for Absence Apologies for absence were received from Ian Goodwright (IG), Scott Simpkin (SS) and Sefton Owens (SO) and Sean Chambers (SC).

2. Approval of Minutes of Meeting of 8 February 2016

These had previously been circulated and agreed and uploaded to social media. IB was still to amend the minutes of the meeting of 12 January so that they could be uploaded to the website and social media.

ACTION : IB

3. Matters Still Arising Not on the Agenda

i. Frank Burt’s Funeral – IB had attended on behalf of the Trust. TA had approached the East Bank regarding contributing to the cost of the banner they provided for the Tranmere match but they had declined the offer.

ii. Phoenix Mascot – It was agreed just to purchase the head and BG agreed to organise this.

ACTION : BG

iii. New Membership drive TA had approached local companies ad had some interest from the Ghurkha Restaurant in Station Road and the Golden Lion for deals on non-match days. He would continue to pursue this.

ACTION : TA

iv. Supporters Direct – IB had sent the necessary form and agreed to check with IG whether the cheque for £200 had been sent.

ACTION : IB

v. Help Your Football Club – TA had put information regarding the profit made from this on Shotsweb but had been asked by Neil Baker to take it off, which he had done.

vi. Shotsweb – IB and TA were meeting Robin Carder the coming Saturday to discuss Trust involvement with Shotsweb. They would report back to the Board.

ACTION : IB/TA

vii. Mascots – IB had received details of mascot packages and would email these to his Community Stand contacts.

ACTION : IB

4. Financial Report

Following the last meeting, TA had contacted IG who had provided the following figures :

Current account – £11,000

Paypal – £6,000

Forever Shots – £14,000

IG had asked for updates from JG and NC and they agreed to send these.

ACTION : NC/JG

It was agreed that Mick Lee should take over the day to day running of the accounts once he was back from New Zealand so that IG could concentrate on the end of year accounts. NC agreed to contact Mick once he was back.

ACTION : NC

5. Board Position

IB had eventually received email confirmation from Brian Bloomfield that the Football Club were still keen for the Trust to have representation on the Board but had increased the shareholding required but in return would ring fence this amount should the Club ever be sold in the future. After some discussion, it was agreed that IB go back to Brian to say that the Trust were still eager to go ahead with the share purchase but would not increase from the amount originally agreed. IB emphasised the point that once a proposal had been agreed with the club board, it would require full Trust member approval. IB would copy those present in his response.

ACTION : IB

There was also discussion on fund raising opportunities and it was agreed that TA approach Terry Owens and IB Ian Dawkins to see if they would be willing to help with fundraising for the Trust.

ACTION : TA/IB

6. Annual General Meeting

It was agreed that this be held on Tuesday, 17 May, and to give members the requisite six week notice, this be announced at the end of March with any necessary paperwork being sent out or emailed by 1 April.

7. Website/Comms – IB/TA to help ensure that the website was edited and more regularly updated.

ACTION : TA

There were now 599 followers on Twitter, up by 20 in the last month, and an increase in Facebook likes of 14 up to 378.

ii. was full and Paul Marcus had provided extra seating. TA had spoken to Tony Roberts who was willing to release his allocation for some games and TA and IB agreed to discuss what games this allocation might be used.

ACTION : IB/TA

TA had been interviewed by the Non-League magazine which would feature an article on the Trust Café and the Community Stand. TA therefore asked for photos of these and JG and IB agreed to provide these.

ACTION : IB/JG

It was agreed that the Trust would purchase ten copies of the magazine at a cost of £22.

TA had also run a competition of social media for four hospitality tickets for this Saturday’s game which were provided as part of the purchase of debentures for the Community Stand. A draw was made and TA agreed to contact the successful people.

ACTION : TA

It was agreed that further competitions should only be open to Trust members.

8. Any Other Business

i. Garden of Remembrance – BG said that the Club were in discussion with firms willing to provide plaques on a wall to replace the Garden. He would keep the Trust Board aware of developments.

ii. End of Season Event – BG said that it was hoped to run an end of season event after the Southport game on 23 April where presentation of the Player of the Season Trophy could be made and he asked if the Trust would be willing to arrange this at a cost of £300. This was agreed with further discussion to take place on the details.

iii. Café – Should the Trust provide catering at the North Side of the ground, the Football Club Board would require payment of 30p per person in the crowd on that side of the ground to compensate for the amount paid by the current caterer. Further discussion was held on catering options for next season.

It had been decided not to go ahead with a directional sign on the ground but purchase a hanging sign at a cost of £49. This had been delivered and NC and BG agreed to liaise to get the sign up by Saturday.

ACTION : NC/BG NC said that he had opportunity to purchase a large freezer for £50 and it was agreed to go ahead with this.

ACTION : NC iv. Fundraising TA was arranging a Race Night for 12 September and had a firm who would do this free of charge. The cost for the hire of the EBB would be £150 and Nick would provide food. BG and JG agreed to do the tote. TA agreed to contact Alex Clark regarding the booking.

ACTION : TA

TA would also be organising a Darts Evening later in the season.

IB recommended putting stickers about EasyFundRaising on the toilet walls and this was agreed.

ACTION : IB

v. Frank’s Blanketthe Football Club would be putting this on Frank’s seat until the end of the season and then would make a decision on what would happen with it.

vi. Player of the Season voting – this would take place at the Boreham Wood game on 16 April. JG said that she would need help at the front of the ground on this day.

vii. Trust Branded Clothing – NC had provided samples of clothing and it was agreed to go ahead with the purchase of five polo shirts and five fleeces.

ACTION : NC

9. Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting was arranged for Wednesday, 6 April 2016, 7 pm at the ESS.

The meeting closed at 9.40 pm.

 

Leave a Reply