ALDERSHOT TOWN SUPPORTERS TRUST LIMITED – The Shots Trust
Minutes of the meeting of Board of Directors
21st April 2021, 19:00
Attendees: Tom Anderson (TA), Sean Chambers (SC)
- Apologies for Absence
- Approval of minutes of last meeting
The minutes were approved.
- Review of previous actions
All previous actions set have now been completed.
- Financial Report and membership updates
TA reported that finances and subscriber numbers remain healthy.
Trust Board Update: TA reported that he had received resignations letters from Trust Secretary and Treasurer, Laura Smart, and Trust Website and Membership Board member, Michael Foster on the 7th April, who, for family reasons arising from the difficulties of the last year, have reluctantly decided to step down from the Trust Board.
TA expressed his sincere thanks to both Laura and Michael for their work at the Trust, and wished them both the very best for the future.
Michael Culkin and Catherine Culkin also informed TA that they wished to step back from the Trust and will be resigning with immediate effect from the 9th April. TA accepted the resignations and thanked Michael and Catherine for their contributions whilst on the Trust Board.
TA was pleased to report that former Vice-Chairman, Robin Carder had agreed to come back and temporarily help out with the Trust website and Membership Database following Michael’s resignation. TA would fill in and undertake the Secretary and Treasurer role following Laura’s resignation until replacements can be found, but stressed of the severity that we currently find ourselves in with the lack of personnel involved. TA had contacted a number of people, who he feels may be interested in coming onboard and discussions continue.
A newsletter requesting help will be sent out to all members when TA returns from holiday next month. If that isn’t successful TA warned that the future of the Trust is in real jeopardy as it simply can’t run with only two permanent volunteers at the helm, and one temporary assistant.
Urgent help and assistance is required and TA urges any Trust member or Shots fan who can offer assistance to please contact the Trust ASAP through our website.. http://www.shotstrust.co.uk
SLT Update: The resumption of Grassroots football is now back and well underway. Training resumed on April 1st at Bourley Road; we held an extra training session on Friday 2nd April, for those team members who wished to squeeze in extra training ahead of our first match. Grassroots officials have agreed both protocols and the fixtures for April. Pitches are booked in at our home ground at Bourley Road, which included a match on Easter Sunday.
Our April fixtures and results were as follows:
- Sunday 4th: Aldershot Supporters Trust FC 3-5 Yateley United
- Sunday 11th: Frogmore FC 1-3 Aldershot Supporters Trust FC
- Sunday 11th: Aldershot Supporters Trust FC 6-1 Frogmore FC
- Sunday 18th: FYFC Old Boys 1-5 Aldershot Supporters Trust FC
- Sunday 25th: Aldershot Supporters Trust FC 2-1 FC Barossa
- Sunday 25th: FC Barossa 0-2 Aldershot Supporters Trust FC
The team are in excellent form picking up 15 points from a possible 18, as we look to continue our push for promotion. May will see us compete in two more double headers before ending the season in a normal 90 minute game.
- Sunday 2nd; Farnborough Athletic vs Aldershot Supporters Trust FC
- Sunday 2nd; Aldershot Supporters Trust FC vs Farnborough Athletic FC
- Sunday 9th May; Camberley Magpies FC vs Aldershot Supporters Trust FC
- Sunday 9th May; Aldershot Supporters Trust FC vs Camberley Magpies FC
- Sunday 16th May; Rushmoor Sunday Reserves vs Aldershot Supporters Trust FC
- Now lockdown restrictions are easing, by the time we hold our next meeting on the 26th May, TA hopes to secure a meeting venue, where we can sit down in person once again and finish with the zoom Trust meetings. Whilst they have been productive and got us through these testing times, TA believes that you can’t beat a face to face meeting.
Meeting conclusion: 20:10
Date of Next Meeting: 26th May, venue TBC