By | January 25, 2021

ALDERSHOT TOWN SUPPORTERS TRUST LIMITED – The Shots Trust

Minutes of the meeting of Board of Directors

Via Zoom

21 January 2021, 18:00

Attendees: Tom Anderson (TA), Michael Foster (MF), Laura Smart (LS), Sean Chambers (SC), Michael Culkin (MC), Catherine Culkin (CC).

  1. Apologies for Absence

None

  1. Approval of minutes of last meeting

The minutes were approved.

  1. Review of previous actions

Of the 2 actions carried forward from December, both were completed.

  1. Financial Report and fundraising update

LS tabled her concern that we might lose CFS players whose finances had suffered because of Covid-19. Nevertheless, finances currently remain healthy.  Because lockdown has been extended again, she proposed deferring the discussion about future fundraising opportunities until we have a clear idea of when fundraising could once again be possible.  The Board agreed.

Easy Fundraising: LS reported that her personal Christmas shopping had raised quite a bit of money for the Trust through the Easy Fundraising website.  SC suggested, and the Board agreed, that a link to the site should once again be set as a strapline on the ShotsWeb site.

Reporting on the Trust database, MF said that he had been working with RC to resolving some of Hubspot’s foibles. Some email addresses, shared for example between family members, have had to be removed, leaving the email assigned to only one person on the system. There are therefore 18 members without email addresses.  MF continues to work on finding a way to automate membership ‘reminder’ and ‘Welcome to the Trust’ emails.

Chairman’s Update

ATFC Ground Redevelopment

TA proposed, and the Board agreed, that he should write to RBC to ask for an update on the lease negotiations.

FSA/Trust communications

TA will write to Malcolm Clark to request an update on the diversity training we await. Face to face training is the FSA’s preference but, after a year of lockdowns, its availability seems no closer than it was in March 2020.  TA will press for an online solution. SC commented that some flexibility is needed and should be possible.

Christmas newsletter feedback

TA reported that he had received quite a number of personal emails and phone calls, thanking him for the newsletter and congratulating him on the Trust’s good work. The Board was very pleased to hear this.  We agreed that the newsletter should be a quarterly event.

Sunday League Team (SLT) Update:

TA reported on his discussions on 23rd December with Dave Wright (DW), the SLT manager. Decisions ratified by the Board are:

  • The League has said that a decision will be made at the end of February on whether the season will be resumed. If it is not, the season will either be nullified or a decision will be made on the relative league positions, adjusted for numbers of games played;
  • Player fees for season 2: the Board agreed that annual fees should be raised, to bring the position much closer to the costs charged by other Sunday teams;
  • Lucky7s income will continue to be assigned to supporting the SLT;
  • TA will soon be discussing the new season’s arrangements with Rushmoor Saints;
  • DW will have an experienced coach to support him next season;
  • DW and, possibly, TA & SC will take Level 1 and 2 coaching training.
  1. AOB
  • LS stated that she had contacted a number of website designers to ask for quotes on what we need for an updated Trust website. She awaits responses but proposed that, once received, MF / RC should liaise to take it forward.  SC mentioned a friend who has had experience of web design; he will contact him to explore possibilities.

Meeting conclusion:              19:00

Date of Next Meeting:           17th February, Brewer’s Fayre

 

 

Leave a Reply